Asbestos filter clearing techniques include the use of dimethyl phthalate with diethyl oxalate. This procedure is described in NIOSH P&CAM 239.
There is an additional $37.00 hazardous shipping fee (UPS) for this item. FEE IS INCLUDED PRODUCT AMOUNT
This must be shipped via UPS Ground.
PLEASE NOTE: CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO AK, HI, PR OR CANADA
Allow 4-5 days for delivery.
CLEARING SOLUTION FORMULA
**CAUTION** HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (SPECIAL CARE SHOULD BE EXERCISED WHEN USING THESE CHEMICALS)
PLEASE REFER TO MSDS ON CHEMICALS MENTIONED BELOW FOR SAFE HANDLING
- Add 5 milliliters of Dimethyl Phthalate
- Add 5 milliliters of Diethyl Oxalate
- Add one sheet (+/-0.5 gram) Filter Media 0.8µ MCE
- Stir mixture until Filter Media has completely dissolved
- Before each use, check solution on a prepared blank slide to ensure that contamination or crystal formation has not occurred
**NOTE** Refrigeration of the combined chemicals greatly extends the expected shelf life. Each sheet has been cut to weigh approximately 0.5 grams (0.45-0.55)