The 3M Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) helps provide respiratory protection against dust, mist, fumes, radionuclides and radon daughters.
Lightweight and face-mounted, it uses a high efficiency particulate filter. Ideal for lead and asbestos.
Face-mounted powered air purifying respirators may increase wearer productivity without the need to wear a motorized blower unit at the waist.
Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) are motorized systems powered by a battery pack which draw air through a filter or cartridge to provide respiratory protection to the wearer.
The blower unit can be mounted on the waist, face, or head, depending on the system selected.
Potential benefits include:
- Certain PAPR systems provide a higher level of respiratory protection than non-powered air filtering respirators.
- Constant flow of air can provide cooling for the worker, resulting in greater comfort for the wearer.
- Battery-powered blower pulls the air through the filter resulting in no additional breathing resistance to the wearer.
- The 3M™ Powerflow™ System delivers a minimum of 4cfm when used with the filter.
- It uses the popular 6000 Series facepiece and its faceshield meets High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2003.
- The complete system includes the full facepiece, 6800DIN, motor blower unit, battery pack, and flow indicator.
- Approved for use with high efficiency particulate filter only.
- NIOSH/MSHA approved
- Size Large (6900 PF)
- Meets impact and penetration requirements of ANSI z87.1-1989 (Eye & Face Protection)
- Positive Pressure, Constant Flow
- Mask-mounted Motor/Airflow unit
- Minimum 4 cubic feet (115 liters) air/minute
- Lightweight, compact, mobile
- Rechargeable Nickel Cadmium Battery Pack
- Delivers up to 8 hours of continuous battery use
- Easily decontaminated
- Intrinsically Safe
*Do not use with beards or other facial hair or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the sealing surface of the respirator. Failure to do so may result in sickness or death.