This is a special order item.
NOW AVAILABLE WITH SIZE SELECTION IN THE DELUXE MODEL.
The Sensidyne Nephelometer is an advanced real-time dust monitor (aerosol monitor) accurately measuring dust concentrations using proven light scatter technology. This portable instrument accurately measures and records dust from 1-10,000 μg/m3 with resolution to 1 μg/m3. Sample modes are selectable between 60 second sample, 15 minute STEL, or continuous sampling.
The Nephelometer has an internal pump drawing samples into the iso-kinetic sampling inlet where they meet sheath air that guides samples past the particle sensor. The sensor is a photo detector that measures laser light scattered by particulates in the sample stream. The instrument multiplies each measurement by a K-factor and displays the real-time reading on the display of the instrument. After each sample, the K-factor and Environmental Factor Name and STEL, maximum, minimum, and average readings record to the internal data log. When connected to a computer the instrument uploads up to 4,000 data-log records in spreadsheet format.
In addition to high sensitivity and ease-of-use the Sensidyne Nephelometer offers a low cost of ownership, automatic power save, long-life, data-logging, facility monitoring features, and user-replaceable filters. The Sensidyne Nephelometer is a competitive, well priced alternative to high priced aerosol monitors.
- Measurement Method: Light scatter
- Particle Size Screening:
- Standard Model: TSP
- Deluxe Model: TSP, PM 2.5, or PM 10 Selective
- Sample Method: Pump sample draw
- Range: 0.1 – 10,000 μg/m3
- Sample Options: 1 minute, Continuous, or 15 min STEL
- Resolution: 1 μg/m3
- Data logging: 4000 records of STEL, Max, Min and average reading and k-factor
- Temperature Ranges
- Operating: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Storage: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Display: 2 line, 16-character LCD
- Controls: 2-button
- Logging: 4000 Record memory
- Dimensions: 3.75W x 6.75H x 2.0D inches 9.5W x 17.2H x 5.1D cm
- Weight: 24 oz. (0.67 kg)
- Light Source: Laser diode
- Power: 7.2V Lithium Ion self-contained battery pack providing 30 hours of typical intermittent operation and up to 12 hours continuous use.
- Charger: 100-240VAC Lithium Ion Charger 8.4VDC @ 1500mA typical.
- Charging Time: Less than 3 hours
- Communications: USB Mini BType
- Standard Calibration: Arizona Road Dust. K-factors allow direct reading of other substances.
- Safety Conformity:
- FDA / CDRH This product is tested and complies with 21 CFR, Subchapter J, of the health and Safety Act of 1968.
- European Community (CE) Directive 89/336/EEC EN 55011 Group 1, Class B (Emissions) and EN 55082-1 (Immunity)
- IEC 60825-1 Ed.1.1 (1998-01)
- EN 60825-1 W/A11 (1996)
- US 21 CFR 1040.10
Supplied: Operation manual, Charger with power cord, zero cap, spare filter, software and USB cable.
Optional: Carrying case and Rubber Protective Boot
Warranty: One year from date of shipment.
*picture is shown with optional boot.